Thursday, July 19, 2012

ArtHampton


One of the benefits fo living on the east end of Long Island is the art scene. Southampton and points east of here are known for being artsy, William Merritt Chase painted in the neighborhood where I now live, Jackson Pollock lived and worked in East Hampton the list goes on. It has to be the good light!
Each summer for the past five years promoters rent what seems to  be the world largest tent and host ArtHampton.
Last year was the first year I attended, and it was awesome! I was so motivated by the different things I saw and some of the people I met. This year I went again, but found it less motivating. Maybe even a little disappointing. First, there was a lot of the same work I remember from last year. Some new art, but much of the same. On that note, it also seemed every dealer/gallery had a piece featuring Marilyn Monroe. I know she's an iconic figure but enough is enough! 

I photographed this because my wife always asked me to photograph our greyhound, Isabel, with a hat on her little head. Wouldn't know that someone painted a greyhound just like that! Oh well!

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like that last one. :)

Anonymous said...

that's a tent?! that is totally huge!

S. Etole said...

Looks like an interesting event.

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say - that doesn't look like Marilynn Monroe!