Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Heatwave

 
I saw this on the way home this evening. The heat always seams to bring beautiful sunsets. Here on Long Island, as with most of the northeast, it's been dry and hot.


The extreme weather brings out the best and worst in people. Yesterday, a stranger pumping gas at a filling station told me to stay hydrated; drink plenty of water. Today, a complete stranger yelled at me because she didn't read her invitation and was in the wrong place. What I had to do with the whole thing I'll never know.


It's just the heat. Stay cool, stay hydrated and please only yell at those that need to be scolded.


Made with the Canon 5d mkII and processed with ACR.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope your wavy heat gets a cool down.

pretty image and colour.

S. Etole said...

that's a beauty ... hope you soon get a reprieve from the heat

CorvusCorax12 said...

gorgeous picture

lissa said...

beautiful capture

georgia b. said...

this image is phenomenal, steve! reminds me of some i took several weeks ago.

thanks for your note. i will e-mail you now.

georgia b. said...

hey, i don't see an e-mail link here. but here is my e-mail.

jorjahbateman@yahoo.com

i would love to see the book you are talking about. i really hope to do something income related with my photos in the near future. thank you for thinking of me.

i'm missing blogging and my friends like you in the blogosphere. i hope to be back at it soon.

photokerstin said...

Beautiful!