Sunday, July 4, 2010

Red Racing Stripe


This photo was made in the spring of a Tulip in Hampton Bays. I didn't care for the photo, I wasn't close enough. I couldn't frame the flower without getting an automobile for the background. The only solution was for me to crop it very tight. Oh... to own a macro lens......


My wife and I spent the whole day at a Lacrosse tournament in Nassau County. First game was at nine the last started at six, include the fifty-five minute drive and it's the whole day. The team won two and lost two.


The biggest part of the day, Evan has always wanted to eat at White Castle. We don't have any by us, so he got his wish yesterday. I'' be sorry for a day or two.


Enjoy your 4th of July weekend.

5 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

nature creates the best art

Anonymous said...

well, i sure do like the crop!


have a good sunday.

S. Etole said...

Happy 4th to you ... and that is an interesting crop!

T. Becque said...

I think this is great even without a macro. You captured great detail and composed it nicely. Sometimes we've got to make do with what we have! :)

christopher said...

A work of art indeed.