Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Woods at Wihakowi



Cel and I drove up to Northfield Vermont Thursday to gather our son and his belongings as another school year came to an end. Cel decided to do something different and booked an overnight stay in a cabin at The Woods at Wihakowi aka Camp Wihakowi. First off, I think Vermont is one of the prettiest states I've ever visited. Second, if big motel and hotel chains are not your thing, you need to check this place out for some R&R. You could hear this waterfall from our cabin, and there is nature all around you.
Jonathan and Lisa, the keepers of the camp are down-to-earth, friendly folks. Everything you need for a restful stay, short or long is right there.

4 comments:

21 Wits said...

I love these kinds of off the beaten path places....next to nature and breathing of silence and beauty and usually NO TV'S! Spend the extra money and be so richly rewarded!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

I actually said "Wow" out loud when I saw this! Amazing.

S. Etole said...

sounds like an ideal place to stay ...

Anonymous said...

my computer is being terribly slow...really really slow...

anyway, i like the light at the top of your picture.