Friday, October 28, 2011

Lifeguard Shack, Jones Beach


The Lifeguard Shack at Jones Beach. 
The place sure looks different in October. 
 My wife and I were originally planning to hold our wedding reception a few hundred yards from this place. We left a deposit and everything. 
A few days later, we received a phone call telling us a mistake was made and there was a fire department diner scheduled for that same night. They tried hard to get us to switch our date. We were disappointed and found another place.
The day before our wedding, Hurricane Gloria came and destroyed the catering hall. We had our reception elsewhere...
funny how things work out sometimes.

6 comments:

21 Wits said...

That is an amazing story, somebody higher than us was already looking out for you too....! Do you know what I like most about that photo, even in October? Is knowing what surrounding water and beach surely is not far away! Now you both can celebrate a place where almost was your special spot, besides the real one! Great photo even in October!

Anonymous said...

Was there a lifeguard shack there, waaaaay back in the old days, when you got married? hehehe

Hilary said...

Wow.. I'm glad it was the day before and none of those firefighters were in danger in that particular spot. I'm glad your own plans were not destroyed in that process. Lovely photo.

Frank Baron said...

Yep. Life is weird. And you can quote me.

I'm glad things worked out for your special day.

Anonymous said...

I lived in coastal Virginia when Gloria came through. When was that? Fall of 1985? I love that sky! Is that an HDR photo?

Unknown said...

I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed, thank's for all. Regards, midlife career change advice really hope to be your friends