Monday, February 6, 2012

Birds on a wire #3


Every now and then I have to photograph birds on a wire. This photo I came across yesterday on my walk. Yes I'm trying to get back into my walking schedule, maybe it will help my knee heal faster.

This was made using the infered camera. I have a habit of  photographing this, you can see previous attempts here and here. I always have that song running through my head.

#3. I am thankful for birds, the joy they bring with their songs and their beautiful colors.

9 comments:

S. Etole said...

Such a vivid blue sky.

Unknown said...

Hi Steve,
So many great things in your posts! I like your theme of things for which to be thankful. I love birds on a wire; the song, and as the subject of photos. It is great to hear that you are rehabilitating by walking with your camera.

Melissa said...

I always wonder what makes a particular spot of wire so desirable. Around here a group of birds always congregate on a wire along our thoroughfare between the Shell station and a sushi place. Why there and not a block over? It's a small wonder, but still.

Anonymous said...

i also like to watch barn swallows fly.
i once put a few pillow feathers in my yard for them and one of them started to play with a feather. it would fly with it and let it drop then catch it , and drop it again in mid-air...

Lynne said...

It reminds me of autumn.

Rick Jackofsky said...

"I am thankful for birds, the joy they bring with their songs and their beautiful colors."

I guess you are thankful for Leonard Cohen giving you a great title too! : )

Elizabeth Grimes said...

The birds are lovely. Great number 3. Hope you're knee gets to feeling better soon.

tracy said...

Hope your knee is feeling better soon, Steve. I am trying to walk more, too.

Lynne said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Steve, so very touching.