Thursday, February 16, 2012

Water Tower


The old water tower on the Pilgrim State Hospital grounds. Many of the buildings have been demolished years ago, but the water tower is still standing. I shot this a few weeks ago and have been fooling around with it. This is an HDR photo that I reprocessed with Topaz Adjust.  This was my first time using Topaz Adjust, there's a lot to learn. 
I remember coming here when I was in High School to make photographs for class. It was a scary place back then. It still a bit spooky today.

7.  I'm thankful I still have the desire to learn new things.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have never seen a water tower that looks like that.
it looks like it could use some company.

Lynne with an e said...

Great effects. The spookiness comes through wonderfully.

21 Wits said...

Oh my goodness, this photo is so lovely and haunting all in one! I am a fan of water-towers especially those like this....our Washburn Water tower in Tangle Town neighborhood of Minneapolis is exactly my kind of water tower, but this comes very close...the capture of such a mysterious and nearly scary sky makes this a dreamy photo for me....and how it sits out there all by itself...very cool shot!

SiLa said...

lovely picture

tracy said...

What a magnificent sky. I play around with Topaz Adjust a bit. There is a lot to learn for sure.

Reena said...

A great photo! Love how you processed it.