Monday, February 2, 2009

There's no place like home.



Well, it’s good to be home. It’s always nice to visit with my parents, brothers and sister, but as Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz, “There’s no place like home.” I’m not a big fan of Florida’s weather. I like the four seasons. I think I’d like a shorter winter, but I still like winter. For many years the winters here on Long Island have been mild. This is the first winter that has been bitter cold and snowy. Maybe in a few years, when father time plays his dirty trick of age, I might feel different.
We moved my parents from a gated community for seniors in Ocala to a regular new community in Lakeland. They are closer to my sister Luanne and her husband Bill, both in the medical field. It will be good for my parents, they are getting on in age and my father’s health is in poor shape. It was very difficult for me to watch him not do things he use to do, even simple things.
I hardly get together with my family. We all have such different, busy lives and I live so far from the rest of them.
Today’s picture post is my first double photo post, which posted backwards from how I uploaded them Sooo…the second is a silhouette of me at the airport Thursday morning and the first is a shot of the morning sky out of the Jetblue window coming home Sunday. I did photoshop the window scratches out of the image, but the color is true. The curvature of the window added a soft focus effect.


1 comment:

SiLa said...

You arrived! Welcome back :) No place like home, hah :)

I have a cold (it is that time of year) and I'm working a little slower.