Friday, September 4, 2009

Clouds


Driving home from Potsdam on Monday these clouds were in the sky in front of us for almost six of the eight and a half hours. I couldn’t help thinking of Joni Mitchell’s Both Sides Now. A favorite song by a favorite artist.
Years ago I heard a Pete Seeger version of this song with a verse that he penned for Mitchell. If I remember correctly it was a live recording on Folkways Records. Although I haven’t see that record in decades, I often think about that version as well,
This was made with the Canon G10 and processed with Canon’s Digital Photo Professional and Photomatix Tone Mapping programs.

2 comments:

Mrs. E said...

YIKES!! As soon as I saw your picture, I started humming that song!! : )

Alaskangal B said...

This is awesome, I love to look up at the clouds. It reminds me of being a kid. A time when it is okay to say what is exactly on your mind and dream as big as the sky. Thank you for your comments on my blog. I like to use quotes when I have things to say yet..can not find my words to say it.