Sunday, March 28, 2010

More Rust

 
I went for a walk along the ocean yesterday morning. It was very cold. The Beach Club at Agawam is getting a face lift while mother nature has reduced the size of the beach. The wood groins that are supposed to stop beach erosion are all exposed from the winter storms.


Today's post is from a lag bolt on one of the groins. The morning sun light and the natural rust colors were just beautiful. I wish I had something other than the Canon G10 to make this macro photo. I had to be careful of the crashing waves as I was bending down to make this photo.

4 comments:

georgia b. said...

reminds me of formations in caves.

a walk by the ocean. what i wouldn't give to be near the ocean to take walks whenever i want. i can only walk on the ocean when we go to visit b's parents in florida. but at least i have that.

S. Etole said...

that's such an unusual color rust ...

Hilary said...

It looks amber-like in colour. Your rust photos are wonderful!

Mrs. E said...

Like a modern/abstract painting!