Friday, September 3, 2010

Earl, the Storm


 
As far as Hurricanes are concerned, Earl has been mild so far. The ocean waves are awesome, and it was worth getting wet to make a few photos. There were plenty of people watching the ocean take away the beach sand. Erosion will be the big problem after this storm passes.


My wife and I were married the day after hurricane Gloria in 1985. That was nerve racking, but it all worked out. Most our guests never forgot our wedding.


These photos were made with the Canon 5d mkII and processed with ACR. They were made just after 6 PM, two hours before the peak.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my husband and i were also married in 1985.
it was a september 7th wedding.

S. Etole said...

the grays are beautiful ...

Hilary said...

Wonderful shots. I love the second one.. so much going on.

CorvusCorax12 said...

great pictures

Rick Jackofsky said...

Now Gloria that was a hurricane! I shot a wedding in Quogue the day after Gloria. I had to drive over lawns and around downed trees to get there. Earl wasn't much on the north shore (Rocky Point).I went for a 4 mile run on the beach mid afternoon and it wasn't bad at all; just a rainy day at the beach.