Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to the routine



Evan and Cel get back to the routine tomorrow, the Christmas vacation is over. My first and only assignment tomorrow is at noon and I'll be there for four or five hours.

It was warm today, somewhere in the forties. Much of the snow melted away and I was able to get some stuff done around the house. We took down a lot of the Christmas decorations and put them away. I had time to take today's photo, which was made with the Canon G10 in the yard. The daisy plants look kinda neat all shriveled, almost metallic. I turned it to gray scale and then added some yellow and red for a sepia effect.
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are slowly in that same kind of transition. one more day before cj goes back to school.
had a good visit at the art museum today. posted a little on it. and the eldest made supper. felt like a real vacation.

i like what you did with the image.
and the flowers look so delicate.

Anonymous said...

Today I am off work due to working NYEve and need to bring down my decorations..

The picture represents the coming of spring to me..

Enjoy that warm weather!!

Jinksy said...

I've just had a lovely trawl through several of your previous posts - I do enjoy how you play with the images, and I loved the glowing colours in the post with the fences...

Anonymous said...

I feel the pathos of the plants. The image processing enhanced it.

Mrs. E said...

And somewhere--there is life under there!!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

It's hard getting back to work after vacation, isn't it? I'm having some lack of motivation anyway. :) Strange how you can always find beauty in the most unexpected places.

T. Becque said...

I like the sepia effect, it works nicely with this. Back to the routine - ugh! That's the downside of vacations!

S. Etole said...

there's a certain comfort in routine ... and in the tones of your photo

dnphotography said...

nice