Sunday, September 11, 2011

Four days of remembering.






Today was the last of the 911 ceremonies I covered. It takes a toll on me for sure.
While driving home today, the clouds were beautiful. They seemed to be weaved together, and it reminded me of a photo from yesterday's 911 ceremony. Yesterday, I covered the unveiling ceremony for the 911 First Responders Memorial, the first in the country. It was a very moving ceremony. Children of lost 1st responders, and 1st responders that have died since 911 all took part at the end.
I wanted to put the photographs up together, maybe today's clouds was God's way of saying something about togetherness, about being unified. Not only in good time, but always.
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that had to totally wear you out.
nice shots.

S. Etole said...

These two photos say so much.

Elizabeth Grimes said...

I love your thoughts about the clouds and togetherness. Today was a heavy day for sure, and I personally didn't go to any ceremony. I can't imagine what you must be feeling.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Beautiful..

georgia b. said...

this image is so beautifully dark. what a tough day it was to be reminded of it all over again. but good, too. i am so glad the media gave it as much attention as they did. we need to be reminded.