Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shells



So, I was offered a full-time job as a photographer yesterday that caught me by surprise.  There’s a lot to think about, I’m still a bit dumbfounded. One the one hand, I’m 52 and could use the security that comes with vested benefits, this is especially important being diabetic. On the other hand, I’ve worked very hard to get to this point to get the stable of clients I have. Working full time would mean giving up the majority or all of them.
This morning I spent some time photographing these shells my wife keeps in a basket. I placed them on the floor in the sunlight and made a few exposures with the macro mode of the Canon G10. This is the one I liked the best. 

4 comments:

Hilary said...

That's such a lovely photo of the shells. I wish you ease in making your decision. Good luck. :)

georgia b. said...

oh, wow. i can see the dilemma, but what a good dilemma to have. i'm sure you will made the right choice and that either way, it will be a thing for you. it's good that you can see pros on both sides.

love the detail shot of the shells.

Mrs. E said...

So I guess everyone knows how talented you are--not just your blog world friends. In the words of "The Sandlot" (great movie)--"Follow your heart, kid-- and you'll never go wrong."

I love shells. There is something so fascinating about the way they look and feel.

S. Etole said...

the serenity of the shells is intriguing ... may your decision be filled with peace