Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pine Tree Geography

The frigid cold came back yesterday and was still around today. I originally told most of the people that I do work for that I would not be available this weekend because my wife is in California. I wanted to be available for Evan. But I did wind up working for a couple of hours today. It's ok, I sure can use the money, I think the oil burner has been running for the past two days.
Yep, it time for father and son bonding! My wife left me a list of things I should make sure Evan takes care of before her return Monday night. Yea, not much fun in that. I did buy a package of bacon for breakfast and diner tonight was just a starch and a protein, no veggie. Hey, it's just a weekend. I'm making spinach with tomorrow's meal. Don't tell him...it's in the soup ,-)
Today's photo is a couple of day's old. It's a close-up view of a Black Pine Tree. The bark has this topography to it that looks like and ariel view of a mountain range in Afghanistan, especially in Black and White. Hey, just having a little fun.
This was make using the Canon G10 and processed with Photoshop.

5 comments:

Mrs. E said...

You're right! It looks like a topographical map. (Is that what they are called?! Spelling?)

Heat bills have been bad this winter! Good luck on the baching it!

Hilary said...

That's exactly what it looks like. Very cool.

Have fun bonding.. and eat your veggies! ;)

agawphotography said...

Good shoot :) Looks very interesting

S. Etole said...

good perspective ...

SiLa said...

I like it :)