Monday, February 22, 2010

Candy Coated Building



Tired, that sums it up. I'm tired. I spent the better part of the day filing photographs, checking descriptions and ids and archiving the disks. Tonight I was the photographer for a political fundraiser for a candidate. I'd love to have a beer right about now, but I'm just too tired to get up and open one.


Today's photo was made Thursday in Hempstead, NY. I wasn't happy with the photo at all. When I first saw this colorful building, it was from the other side of a busy street and it looked good. When I went back to photograph it later in the morning the light wasn't the same. I keep telling myself now is the time, if you see something stop and photograph it now. Everything will be different later. I've been burned before, and I should have learned.
      This is the door and part of the wall, after processing it with Photomatix Tone Mapping program. I used the Canon G10. It's like a candy coating.

4 comments:

Aziz said...

Hi,
"I've been burned before, and I should have learned. "
Thank you for the advice and the photo.

S. Etole said...

really colorful doors ... hope you get some good rest

Anonymous said...

nice warm colours.

i know what you mean about the light. everyday a different story.

Hilary said...

I know exactly what you mean by that. I've had many regrets too. The perfect light is so fleeting. Such colourful doors.