Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back on the Beat

Between the fridge cold spell we had and my lack of creativity I didn’t make any personal photos for a few days.
On Monday, Martin Luther King Day, I had an awards breakfast to cover. The drive there was very difficult. Sunday night was had a light snow on top of a heavier snow on Saturday. Monday the early morning light was beautiful. There was no wind so the branches looked beautiful with a light cover of snow. All I could do was hope that it stayed that way till I was finished at the breakfast.
I was lucky and was able to make some images with HDR post-processing in mind. All did not go well with post-production last night and I could not get any of the images to open as HDR images. I’ll have to figure out what went wrong.
So I decided to post a photo of the musicians from the Martin Luther King awards breakfast. I was impressed with the percussionist and chose to make a few available light images of him. The lighting was low and the exposure was 1/13sec.@ f.4 at an iso of 800. I wanted to get the blur of his hands. I wish his face were clearer. Oh well.

1 comment:

SiLa said...

You get the hands right :)))
I'm happy that it is just bad weather&lack of inspiration, reasons you didn't post new photos. I was afraid you catch cold or something.