Saturday, May 30, 2009

Twelve


This is my second post witch features a number as the subject. The first, Seven was a number found on a building on an abandoned farm. Twelve was found on a lamppost in a parking lot in Riverhead.
At first I was thinking about a Pat Metheny CD cover where the subject was a sharp vertical object that cut through a frame of telephoto f2.8 softness. The inside photo was the same way. If my memory serves me right there were a few photos all in the same style. I didn’t own this CD so I do know who the photographer was. One of the few I'm missing.
When I first saw the pole, I thought of that cover, I needed to stand on the tire of my pick-up truck to get the background right. I exposed for the brightness of the metal pole and the rest of the image went a bit underexposed.

No comments: