Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween






My sister-in-law, wife and son all carved their jack-o-lanterns last night. It was my job to make a photograph and make the pumpkin seeds. I love pumpkin seeds and pumpkin bread, but I'm don't like pumpkin pie... Mostly it's the texture I guess.

Evan kept saying he's too old to go trick-or-treating but changed his mind in the middle of the week. Maybe pressure from his friends in school, or the thought that we don't get any trick-or-treaters at our house, so we don't buy candy, so there'd be no candy, had something to do with it. Anyway, our town as an Elm Street and it's an annual ritual as you can imagine. I think I should donate treats to some poor soul that lives there.

My best friend Louie and I used to go to the condo's to trick-or-treat. We would cut through the woods behind the houses across our street and climb the fence. When I was fifteen, I dressed as a woman and tore my stocking on that darn fence. Since then, I've always known how it felt for you ladies to have a run in your stockings.

Today's post is a happy accident and the jack-o-lanterns. I was fooling around with Evan and made a very slow exposure. It looked creepy so I kept it for my Halloween post.

Have a safe and happy Halloween.

3 comments:

S. Etole said...

Great reflections of the jack-o'- lanterns ...

Mrs. E said...

Love the pumpkins!! (oooh and send some pumpkin seeds my way!)

georgia b. said...

great shots! that ghost-like photo is very cool.