Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sugar Maple in Spring



May years ago I use to print black and white negatives for a camera store. Customers were able to get a semi custom print at a fair price. One of the negatives I made was of a backlit Maple leaf. It was an excellent photograph and I tired may times to try and copy the image. To this day I still look for that image, that's how powerful it was.
Today's post is my most recent attempt at making that image. It doesn't look as translucent at the original.

5 comments:

georgia b. said...

oh, look at that green! can't decide if i like it better in b+w or not.

beautiful either way. may you find your and duplicate your shot from years ago. until then, i'm quite content with this attempt!

Mrs. E said...

I'm with Georgia-- I'm not sure which one I like best!

S. Etole said...

enchanting either way ...

Hilary said...

It does look lovely though. And I'm sure you'll keep searching for that perfect (as you deem it) shot.

SiLa said...

beautiful :)