Thursday, January 22, 2009

Calverton Barn


I woke up feeling really good today, and so far it’s been good. I processed another image from Monday using someone else’s Mac so I could see how it looked as an HDR image. I’m happy. This is a barn in Calverton not to far from the Magic Farm. Most of the buildings on the Magic Farm property have been torn down. I’m glad I found my way to trespass back in November to make the photos I did.
Progress. Making way for new homes or condo’s or an industrial park, anything but a farm. There’s not much money in farming small farms here on Long Island. Property and school taxes are so high farmers barely brake even. Many smaller farms are sold as land for development.
Recently, local government started purchasing the development rights to some of the larger farms. This way the farm can stay a working farm and the farmer get some money for keeping it open space.

No comments: