Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Card Collection


I’ve been so busy and unmotivated lately and it shows in my lack of posts. The weather hasn’t helped, the calendar says spring, but it’s been cold and windy. I went for a walk along the Carmen’s River in Shirley. All I came back with were two photos of Skunk Cabbage and one texture study of an old fallen tree. I didn’t even want to download them.
We got a new desktop computer this past week, an imac. We love that it’s all contained. Very neat and minimalist, nether of which describe my family and I. I’ve been spending most of my free time setting it up. Today, I have memory coming, and that will need to be installed. It doesn’t look too difficult.
Today’s picture post is from May 17, 2008. As I was going through files of photographs I came across this one. I made this image at a hamburger joint somewhere upstate New York. I don’t remember where we were, just that we had picked up Brian from
Potsdam and were heading home. It was somewhere off the New York Thruway.
I made this image while waiting for our food order to be ready. I wish it were sharper. I must have had low blood sugar, it was made at a 1/50 of a second which I can usually hand hold.
The warm tone of the wood panel and diffused light attracted me as well as all the business cards. Tucked up in the far left corner is a prayer card. There were local business cards as well as cards from New York City, all testament for the good food and fair prices. It’s a shame I can’t remember where it was.

No comments: