Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The sun sets over Cold Spring Pond


The craziness of the election season starts today for me, campaign photos, e-mails about campaign photos, phone calls about campaign photos...it's a living. I'm thankful to be working.

I took a bike ride yesterday evening and on the way back home stopped at the boat ramp and made this photo.

The scene reminds me of late September or October, not August. Those houses you see in the photo are on a man-made strip. That strip separates Cold Spring Pond from Peconic Bay. As the season ends, come evening, less and less of the houses on the strip have any lights on. Last night the strip looked dark. The vacationers are either gone, or green or sleeping early. I stood there enjoying the sunset, wondering if summer was ending early. 
If it was, someone forgot to tell the gnats.

4 comments:

Costea Andrea Mihai said...

beautiful place!! regards

Anonymous said...

i like your stories just as much as the photos.

gnats :-)

T. Becque said...

Peaceful. I like the pink in the sky and water.

Mrs. E said...

I love everything about this...until you mention gnats!!