Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Busy day today. I’m taking a civil service test for a medical photography position with the county and then it off to do campaign photos for the Islip Town board slate.
The weather forecast was partly sunny but I’m calling it overcast. Twice this week people were talking about how depressed they are feeling due to the constant rain and overcast days. I’m not seeing the weather as such a depressant, I’ve worked hard to make my lawn look good, and the cooler weather and the rain has made my lawn look fantastic.
Today’s photo is a small mushroom I found on a walk I took yesterday. Possibly Astraeus pteridis, but I’m not sure. I don’t have a macro lens for my 5D, so I made this in the macro mode on the G10, not bad. I used Photomatix, Tonal mapping to process this image.

1 comment:

SiLa said...

What a strange and beautiful mushroom! Like a flower :)