Sunday, April 11, 2010

47




This is one of the places I like to take my camera and walk. It's land managed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation as a hunting area. The paths are numbered and those numbers coincide with a license and rules. Hunting is only open in the winter months and depending on the area, limited to what you can hunt for and hunt with. You might only be able to hunt with bows in one area.




I stay out of these areas during hunting season. I've been to this area a dozen or so times and it was only this past week I thought to photograph the sign for my numbers series.




I used the Canon G20 and ACR for this image.

3 comments:

S. Etole said...

your number series has opened my eyes to numbers I hadn't always noticed ... the various places that you find them is intriguing

Mrs. E said...

I'm with S. You do find numbers in interesting places. I find myself looking for numbers now, too!

Lynne said...

I think I'd stay clear of those paths in the hunting season too.
Interesting to 'hunt' out numbers.