Sunday, September 13, 2009

East End Vinyard

What a day. A former student invited me to a juried photography exhibit; she was awarded Best in Color for a wonderful abstract. It was good for me to see some quality printing; it has been a long time since I saw good local photography. Kara Reyes has a great eye and is a talented photographer.

Today’s picture post was made yesterday on my way home from Greenport. The east end of Long Island has become our own wine country. At one of the vineyards along Main Road in Southold I saw these grape trellises with white netting. Most of the vineyards use black netting. The white looked cool and I thought it might make an interesting photograph. So here it is after being processed with both Canon’s Digital Photo Professional and Photomatix Tone mapping program. I made this image with the Canon G10.

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

It looks like a painting! (I love vineyards--both for photographing and for sampling!)