Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fence and Wall

w:displayhorizontaldrawinggridevery>0 0

I was intrigued by the color of the fence post and the peeling painted bricks. This was the back wall of a law office in Hempstead. I made this image on Sunday when I went to see Kara’s photos in the group show. The photo doesn’t do the area justice. As I walked the block to the gallery, the smell of urine and bleach assaulted my senses. I needed to step over litter and broken bottles. Needless to say Hempstead is a very poor community.

This image was made with the Canon G10 and processed with Photo Digital Professional from Canon and Tone Mapping from Photomatix.

7 comments:

Glennis said...

Love the texture. Gritty. Great photo.

Mrs. E said...

I was thinking the same thing-- gritty!

One of these days I am going to purchasing something other than a point and shoot camera. I don't need a professional's camera...but I definitely am going to want some input from some of my favorite photographers! Will you be game?

Heather said...

Nice capture .... I like the perspective and the colors :)

Marie said...

Shabby but beautiful on photo.

Anonymous said...

love the angel on this has a great "urban" feel to it!

please see mine here
http://www.moorebloglife.com/2009/09/16/thematic-photograph-urban/

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

almost caught those smells!
gritty- like it

Light and Voices said...

Agreed, urban has smells and textures. Good job!
Joyce