Thursday, November 19, 2009

One leaf left





Today was the first day this fall that really looked like winter. Many of the trees are bare, the sky was gray and dark. Clouds were laden with rain but they didn't spill till mid afternoon. I even heard two ladies talking on the way out of a building about how it looked like snow.
There's a couple of homes in my neighborhood that burn wood in the winter. I just love the smell of a fireplace. My parents had a fireplace. I have some warm memories in front that fireplace, no pun intended. It's one thing I wish my home had that it doesn't.
Today's photo is the little red maple out in the back yard. There's only a few leaves left. I was originally drawn to the drops of water on the bare branches, but the leaf made a better image. I used the Canon 5d and ACR.
 

4 comments:

georgia b. said...

i think of all your photos i've ever seen, this is my favorite.

smell of a fireplace that is being used is one of my favorite smells. actually, it think it is THE favorite.

SiLa said...

beautiful photo:) I have one red maple tree in my back yard and it is completely naked for days now

Mrs. E said...

I love the leaf and the water drops. I can almost feel the cold. We had our first flurries here on Sunday/Monday. Brrr...! No fireplace here either. I will never buy again without one!

S. Etole said...

This is just stunning ...