Thursday, July 1, 2010

First Presbyterian Church, Smithtown NY


I had some time to kill before a job this evening and the First Presbyterian Church on Main Street in Smithtown struck my fancy. If you remember, a while back I told you of my desire to photograph all the Churches and Houses of Worship along Montauk Highway, from Montauk to Queens. Well this Church is not along that route.


This is an HDR photo, the first hand held HDR I've done. I wasn't sure I could hand hold three exposures and keep them in register, but it worked.


It looks a little ominous, mainly because of the angle. The fact that there were no door knobs or handles on doors made me want to photograph it this way.


Made with the Canon 5d mkII and processed with Photomatix Pro and Photoshop.

3 comments:

S. Etole said...

Very interesting angle ... almost intimidating!

Anonymous said...

cool angle
and i like the cloud reflections in the window

Mrs. E said...

Love this church!! Great angle!