Saturday, December 27, 2008

Quite Saturday


The house is quite this morning. The family is a bit on the tired side from yesterday’s trip into the big city. We have a tradition in our family to go into Manhattan between Christmas and New Years. We visit Macy’s Herald Square and ride the wooden escalators, visit the Christmas Department, if it’s still up, and purchase half off cards and ornaments. We go out to dinner, visit the big tree, window shop and just enjoy some time together as a family. We always have fun on the train ride in and back. In past years, we’ve been rained on as we ran from building alcove to building alcove and we’ve been caught in snow between home and the train.
This year we ate at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. on Broadway. It was really good for a chain restaurant. The wait staff was excellent and the food was good. We had a good laugh at some of the places we ate in the past.
Manhattan was exceptionally crowded yesterday. I guess with many people having a four day holiday, I should have figured it would be crowded. It wasn’t all that bad; we got to where we wanted to go.
The crowds did make me think of what a nightmare it would be for homeland security if there were a problem. I remember Christmas 2001, the armed guards and police dogs at Penn Station, I’m sure not many people were thinking those thoughts last night.
Today’s picture post is one of the many I made while riding the escalators in Macy’s. These two young ladies were posing for a friend and I snatched one for myself.

No comments: