Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Yesterday


Yesterday.
Busy, busy, busy. I can’t remember which Christmas movie it’s from, but I can hear the voice in my head. I finished yesterday in a middle school photographing students serving and entertaining senior citizens. I’m always touched when I see service projects like that. It’s my favorite part of the job. These children were genuine in their need to make the elders feel comfortable and loved, even if it was in the middle school cafeteria. Much better than covering a talking head at a press conference. Yesterday’s buzz was still the poor temp worker that was trampled by Wal-Mart shoppers. A Nassau legislator was talking about new laws to prevent this from happening again. Someone was actually blaming the Nassau County Police Department. More police were needed at Wal-Mart to control the crowds and keep the peace. In my mind I herd we should be using tax dollars to subsidize holiday shopping at a greedy irresponsible retailer. Yea right! Not my tax dollars. Don’t get me started. It’s hard keeping my mouth shut at some of these press conferences. But my job is to get the shot…just get the shot.
Today’s image is totally boring, but typical of my style. I still can’t believe I paid 1.97.9 for regular.

No comments: