Friday, November 19, 2010

The Greenbrier Patch


 
I drove to Heckscher State Park this morning hoping to find some grazing White Tail Deer.
Here on Long Island, this park is known as the “Home of the White Tail Deer.” No luck. So I walked into the Greenbrier patch and made today's photo.
I googled Greenbrier, and found many species. The scientific name for this one is Smilax rotundfolia better known as roundleaf greenbrier.
I just love the isolation in this scene. It was worth the effort in fighting the greenbrier.
I used the Canon 5d mkII and processed it with ACR.
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great photo..
but...look at those thorns!

S. Etole said...

striking image with great background colors ...

Elizabeth Grimes said...

You didn't get the shot you wanted, but I'd say you got a winning photo anyway!

Hilary said...

So beautiful.. with that wonderful background.